GMCPD60 Guidemaster Concrete Paver Directional Tactile - Primarily for the exterior environment, designed for accessibility to lead and guide the visually impaired to hazard / warning tactile.
Lead the vision impaired to Hazard / Warning Tactiles to warn as:
- Life threatening hazards where serious falls may occur, such as at railway platforms, wharves, vehicular driveways and exits from car parks, etc., which intersect access paths
- To indicate that a point of importance has been reached, such as the location of a bus sign or tram stop or the location of a change of direction on a pedestrian crossing island or as wayfinding to signify the location of a change of direction while traveling
- At the top and bottom of stairways and ramps warning of a change in level.
- At pedestrian crossings to indicate the path of travel
Base: Minimum 50MPA high cement content giving it high compression and density strength, very durable, low porosity and high stain resistance.
Dimensions: 300 x 300 x 60mm thickness
Finish: Sealed or Unsealed. Sealed pavers have increased slip resistance, brighter and more durable colour.
Product Warranty: 2 Years
- NZTA RTS14—Land Transport New Zealand— Guidelines for facilities for the blind and vision impaired
- AS/NZS 1428.4.1:2009—Design for access and mobility, Part 4 NZS4121:2001—Design for access and mobility—building and associated facilities
- All slip resistance tests are done in accordance with AS/NZS4586:2004– average COF #120
- Land Transport’s Pedestrian Planning and Design Guide
- The Royal N.Z. Foundation for the Blind Design Guide Recommendations/Specifications
Luminance Test: Provides colour contrast. Integrated Discrete Tactiles must have 30% minimum luminance contrast to that of the surround substrate surface area.
Slip Resistance Rating: Wet and DRY - SRV Value of 80